Tuesday 16 October 2012

The Rise of the Oversized



I grabbed these photos from Vogue.com quickly, and unfortunately it didn't give me any designer names, but one things for sure, this spring/summer over sized coats and jackets will be one of the biggest trends for 2013. Lady silhouettes have varnished, and in are straight cut, boyfriend style blazers and coats that over swamp your figure. The catwalk pieces are slightly drastic and look almost too ridiculous to wear everyday, but I think this will be such an easy trend to incorporate into anyone's wardrobe.




I'm a big fan of this trend, and loved the thought of a huge coat or blazer I could wrap round me tight for winter! I made the big mistake of 'popping' into Primark the other day because I needed some new tights. (Can you tell I'm a bit of a Primarni addict?!) However this coat caught my eye and I absolutely adored it, and knew it fit the trend perfectly! In my eyes it was a coat, but sort of looked like an oversized blazer, which I really liked. It looked quite smart on, and I wanted a cream/lighter coloured winter coat, as I've worn my navy new look one to death these last few years and thought it would be nice for a change.







At £35 I knew it was alot to pay for a Primark coat but I grabbed it whilst I found it in my size, otherwise I would have regretted it i'm sure, before it sold out! It is a wool mix too and has a really lovely rough texture to it. Hopefully it will last me a while too. I really liked the fit, and with the long length it'll definitely be keeping me warm in the next month or so. It looks a bit manly flat, but with fitted sleeves it does give some fit. Definitely a good purchase from Primark, it looks good quality and a unusual style that doesn't actually look like I got it from there - result! I always seem to find the best things in there! I really need to stop buying things...



No comments:

Post a Comment