Sunday 24 February 2013

London Fashion Weekend - Part 2! OOTD & goodies.

As promised here is my part two! This post will contain outfits, purchases of the day in London, and goodies! I usually like to edit/instagram my photos that I put on here, but my phone apps were playing up, so apologies for the dodgy lighting and overall quality of these pics! (I NEED an SLR in my life!!)

What I wore/OOTD:

I spent all week going into town wanting various things to create an outfit worthy of going to an event full of fashionistas, but also comfortable running around London. I stupidly thought i'd be hot as I'd be busy all day, but I was actually pretty freezing in this outfit. I did wear my coat, wooly scarf and fur hat thank goodness, so the outfit got lost under many layers for most of the day!






Shirt - Urban Outfitters
Necklace & Treggings - Topshop

I'd been umming and ahhing about disco pant style trousers for a while now. I've seen so many people wearing them, but I really despise the shiny ones! I'd been hunting ebay for some matte/legging type ones but had no luck, but when I saw Topshop start a range of mega high waisted jeans I was excited. I popped in store and found these beauties. I'm not really sure what to call them.. Treggings? They're alot thicker than leggings, and real stretchy and lovely! They're so high waisted they come to by belly button, which I really loved, and they were exactly what I was looking for. I thought they'd be perfect for day and night, and I wear leggings so much of time anyway, a nice thick pair would be a statement piece in my wardrobe till summer. They were £22.50 with my student discount, which I didn't think was too bad for a staple! They seem like really good quality too so hopefully they'll last a while. Although I thought it was very odd, I haven't bought an item of clothing from TS for a while, and when I tried on my usual size 10, I couldn't even get them up my legs. I'm quite skinny, these are a 12 but fit perfectly, I just thought the sizings came up really small! 

I decided to team it with my monochrome striped blouse from Urban Outfitters I picked up in the sale a couple of months ago (SUCH a good buy as they're absolutely everywhere now!) and a statement necklace. I bought this one from Topshop, and it was not a bargain at £12 (with student discount) but it's so lovely I had to have it. I'm still telling myself to put the tag back on and take it back but I just can't. It wants to be worn! I can think of so many outfits I could just add this too, and pow, statement round the neck.

Right so, that was my outfit! Now to some exciting goodies...

Elle Magazine Subscription:


At the event, not only did I pick up the march copy of Elle magazine for just £1 (bargain!) I also subscribed for a year! Being a fashion student I'm always wanting the latest mags, but I can never afford £4 + every month for one! I had thought about a subscription but I'm so glad I decided to wait until now! They were doing a subscription offer of £15 for a years subscription, 12 issues. That is correct, you heard me right, just 15 measly pounds for 12 issues, that's just £1.25 per issue! I couldn't believe what a good offer it was and signed myself up straight away. 

Not only did I get this amazing deal, but I got to choose a free benefit gift, either a mini make up set or a perfume, both RRP at £25! I chose the perfume as I knew I wouldn't really use a make up set, and well, I love perfume to be honest. To my surprise I was handed the 'lookin' to rock rita' perfume straight away in the re-usable elle bag which I gladly slung round my shoulder for the rest of the day! Not onlyyyyyy did I get all this, but also inside the bag was a voucher for a travel size/sample of the benefit mascara 'they're real'. I could not contain my excitement, I'd seen this mascara on so many blogs, and desperately wanted to try it. I'm so excited to start getting my elle magazine's hassle free, and to use my free goodies!




The adorable box sold me as it was, it's going to look so pretty sat on my desk! It smells amazing too, for some reason it reminds me of cocktails, pina coladas, and will definitely be my scent for spring/summer.


This mascara is pretty amaze too. I used it yesterday and it gives a beautiful, clump free application, and makes your lashes look really good. I'm worried I'm going to use this up too fast and be tempted to buy a full size one.. uh oh.

Oxford Street Haul:

Forever 21:


(arghh silly blogger, doesn't let you rotate!)
Top - £10.50
Necklace - £3.90

With spring slowly (very slowly) approaching, I'm dying to get some colour into my clothing. I've been heading towards a neutral rut all winter now, and I'm gladly welcoming the neon pop/monochrome trend. I'd seen this bright neon yellow/green colour everywhere, and when I saw this basic t-shirt style blouse in forever 21 at little over £10, I knew it'd be a great basic for this trend. I also picked up this pretty geometric silver necklace for under £4, which I thought goes really well with the top for a simple, sheek neon look. I thought teamed with my black treggings, it would be a great day or night outfit, without being too OTT. I was so excited to be in a forever 21 as they don't have one in Southampton, and desperately wish there was! It's so cheap and they have some amazing pieces in there.

Primark:



Jumper - £12.50
Clutch bag - £3 (sale!)
Rings - £1.50 & £2.00

I'd been wanting a white jumper for a while now (not sure why, you know when you just want something!?) and I thought I might as well grab this one whilst it was there in Primark. I'm not too sure if I like it though, I think it might be a bit too holey, I haven't really tried it on, but I can always take it back! This clutch was an absolute bargain at just £3 in the sale, me and my friend grabbed the last two! Also just picked up a couple of rings, as you can never have enough..

And here are a few other fun bits I picked up throughout the day:

London fashion weekend leaflets/ted baker catalogue/JW anderson Topshop poster/I also got a compeed blister sample!

So.. PHEW. Hope you enjoyed all that, sorry it was such a long post!
It was such a jam packed day, and I would recommend it to anyone to go!

1 comment:

  1. The primark jumper and clutch look great :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete