Tuesday 16 April 2013

Summer Dreams


Good afternoon everyone!  Hope you are all good. It seems like spring has finally sprung in Southampton, I can finally go out in just a jacket and not worry about being cold, and seeing our new house for next year makes us excited to have a garden for bbqs this summer! Woop! I'm being very very good so far (well, one week in!) with my loan, and trying to save as much as I can. Come summer I have rent, plenty of travel and holidays to save up for. I haven't bought anything new in so long, and now seem to find myself online shopping and lusting over certain bits I really want recently! 

I just came across this skirt on the Topshop website and I really love it! I'm not sure what it is about it, it's rather crazy and colourful for me! I can imagine it with a black top and statement necklace for a night out, or just a white tee and flip slops in the summer. Oh dear, I can tell I've already mentally bought this and tomorrow I may be rushing into town to find it!

I'm loving the neon trend for this summer, and a this bright bag (the best cambridge satchel dupe I've seen!) would add a much needed splash of colour into my life. I usually wear quite neutral outfits, so this bag would just be perfect for me. I want it so much, but it's more than I'd usually spend on a bag (all my bags are from primark..ha). But I'm not sure. I think I might be tempted in the next few weeks..

Watches are coming back on trend, and all the designer ones are everywhere! You lucky people! I can dream of the day I could own my very own marc jacobs watch, but this one from next is really really nice! I like the simplicity of it and the dials, and hey, nobody will know  the difference, right? With my staff discount I'd get a cheeky £5 or so off this too.

The sandals are also from next, at a reasonable £22 for real leather ones. Last summer I threw out some beloved Topshop sandals I'd had for about 3 years, and wore them till I fell apart! I'd definitely purchase real leather ones again, they seem to last forever and are really comfy! I fancy getting white ones this year, just for a bit of a change, and these ones are perfect. I've seen them at work and they're really nice, so when the time comes for me to buy some these might have to be the ones!

I've seen pinafores and dungarees everywhere recently, and I can't believe they're back on trend! Last time I remember wearing one I was five.. anyway. I'm quite a girly girl with my style, and I really don't think I could pull off all these really great distressed denim dungarees I see going on recently, but this black pinafore would be a perfect addition to my wardrobe. It's basic so I could dress it up and down with loads of different tops, or just wear a strapless black top to go underneath in the summer. 

I must have over 50 or 60 nail varnishes, but I don't have any nice pastel ones! I really need to invest, and I've wanted this neon green models own one since it was released. These are definitely the perfect nail colours for this season! 

I hope you enjoyed my summer wants! Now it's just a matter of time before I go on a crazy looking at all these amazing things and start adding to my basket.. oh no.



PS!! If you haven't already, could you PLEASE fill in my survey?! It'll take one minute I promise and will help me out alot! Thank you :)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HC5WRTX

1 comment: