Thursday 15 May 2014

Celebratory shopping haul


After a very stressful hand in, me and my girlfriends needed a massive celebratory shopping trip to treat ourselves after all our hard work! I was in major need of some summer wardrobe updates, and here's what I picked up...

Checked shirt (sale), pink floral shorts and black slip ons - New Look
Gingham and white jeans, floral kimono - Primark
Scarf, earrings, necklace and sandals - H&M
Perfume - Zara

I'm a big fan of New Look recently, their shoes are really good, and because my friend works there she always kindly gets my discount which I always take advantage of! This cropped check shirt is the perfect casual summer top, paired with some high waisted shorts. I just loved the white floral print on these shorts and though they were really girly and cute. I've most definetly become a comfy shoe convert recently, and it's a nice change from all the heeled boots I was wearing over winter. Trips to the library saw my rocking up in my jeans and trainers most days, some days you just can't be bothered and want to be comfy. I have a pair of white slip ons from Primark which I'm wearing alot, and decided to get a black pair from New Look. They were only about £12 too, a bargain.

I was so happy to find these gingham jeans in my size in Primark! You've probably seen them everywhere already - identical dupes of the Topshop Joni jeans but at a fraction of the price. I'm a big fan of printed trousers so had wanted a pair of these for ages. I also picked up a pair of white ones, which I'm planning to rip myself (when I get the courage to, I'm so scared I'll ruin them, then again, they're only cheap!). I have a major love of kimonos at the minute, and this pinky floral tasselled one had to get in my wardrobe for summer!

I'm a big lover of scarves, I have a dark floral one from H&M I pretty much wore all autumn, and now this brighter floral one is perfect for warm days. I also picked up some silver accessories, as I'm becoming a silver jewellery convert now! These basic studs and long chain necklace will go with everything. These sandals I was so excited to find, I'd seen so many bloggers wearing them and had to grab them. My friend hates them as they make your feet look kinda chunky, but I think styled in the correct way they look great, and are dead co (luckily I have quite slim feet!) and are dead comfy too. Can't argue with that!

I also picked up a new bottle of 'Apple juice' perfume from Zara. I've gone through a couple of bottles of this now, it's such a wonderful fruity perfume that is great for the day, and at £9.99 it's so reasonable. Anyone looking for a good perfume I would definitely pop into Zara.

No doubt this will be my last haul before leaving uni, I need to make the most of my student discount and the remains of my last student loan!

Ellen xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment