Thursday 31 January 2013

OOTD 31/01/2013

It still feels very weird writing 2013 on posts and seeing it around! I can't believe today is the last day of January, I swear it feels like only a week since Christmas?! That means valentines day is just round the corner.. which may be dreaded by the singletons with roses and hearts everywhere, but I am very excited! My boyfriend and I (together 3 and a half years next month!) are going for a 4 course meal  and cocktails at one of our favourite restaurants, I am beyond excited! Food + dressing up + alcohol = what's there not to love?! I'm hoping he's going to think about a nice cheesy present for me, as when your in a long term relationship, the word 'romance' can be lost slightly!  

But anyway.. enough about that. I really need to start some uni work, but I am really in a lazy frame of mind recently and can't be bothered - I'd rather blog! 

My flatmate becky and her boyfriend have recently had the winter flu/bug/lurgi, so I've tried to stay away from both of them around the house recently, and my boyfriend and mum have had bad colds. I thought I'd just about got away with not getting anything until this week (very surprisingly, as I haven't been ill for a good few months!), but it seems I spoke too soon when I've seem to come down with something weird. I've been very achey, headachey, have a sore throat and cough. It's come on very suddenly, but I seem to be feeling alright. It seems it's just something underlying that seems to go away with a few tablets, and not a 'oh my goodness, I cannot move out of bed' kinda thing, which I'm thankful for. I'm dying to go out but for me for the next few days is vitamin C, hot drinks, and plenty of sleep so this thing doesn't get any worse. I remember last time I had the flu I couldn't get out of bed for a few days, so I'm praying it's nothing like that. I hate having to look after myself though, and not having my mummy around to look after me!

But anyway. I seem to be rambling! Here is the main feature of today's post: my outfit/face for today!






 
Top - Internationale 
Skirt/bracelets - Topshop 
Necklace/bracelets &Tights (holey!) - Primark 

(Appologies for the ketchup on my bedside table.. I'm a uni student, and I eat in bed. What can I say!??)
I'm not even doing much today really, but it's my day off uni, and I always like to wear a nice outfit and get ready just incase I decide to go outside and do something! This morning I made breakfast and did some hoovering, which took a while as there's alot of corridor space in our flat! I also booked a haircut... which took me a good five minutes to muster up the courage to do! I LOVE my hair, and I've been growing it for a year and a half and haven't had it touched! But recently it's getting really out of hand, and I just want it sorted out! I'm actually proper nervous. I was recommended the place by my friend who said they're lovely, so hopefully I won't get too much chopped off, but we shall see! :S


Rings - H&M
Nail Varnish - Topshop

I have to thank my friend Becky for lending me this gorgeous colour. I need it in my life! I'm not sure which shade it is, but it's a Topshop one. I absolutely love it! One thing I've done recently is shape my nails differently. I've always done them square, but I really wanted a change. It was really easy, and I think they're looking good! They also grow longer now, as they break less as the courners don't get caught and tear. Stiletto type nails are so lovely. 

I'm almost dreading my haircut tomorrow.. I'm not sure why but I just fear what they're going to do! Does anyone else feel like this or am I just crazy!!? 


1 comment:

  1. OMG that nail colour is amaaaaaaazing! Lovely outfit as well :)
    Yasmin xx
    thestudentwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete